Importance of Hiring a Professional Wedding Photographer
Let’s discuss the importance of hiring a professional wedding Photographer.
Planning a wedding? If yes, you have probably already considered wedding photography as it is one of the biggest and usually priciest decisions you will make when planning for your big day.
Today, we want to discuss the importance of hiring a professional wedding photographer is as opposed to having a friend with a good camera, leaving it to your guests or even hiring a non-wedding photographer. If you live in or around the Pittsburgh PA area, read our article on the best wedding photography in Pittsburgh.
Are You Searching for tips on Hiring a Wedding Photographer Near You?
We have heard horror stories from many brides and grooms after they have been extremely let down by having a friend with a decent camera photograph their wedding or by just relying on their guests to capture the event.
We all know how much a wedding can cost and it can be tempting to try to cut costs but trust us-your wedding photography is NOT where you want to make the cuts.
Think about it, when the day is all said and done, what will remain? Memories and photographs-make sure your photos capture your day beautifully so you can enjoy those shots for decades to come.
What Style are You Looking for in a Wedding Photographer?
Professional Wedding photographers vary greatly, both in style and pricing. When you begin planning your wedding, you will soon notice that wedding photography will be one of your biggest expenses.
People often speculate that their job is simple or that they are way overpaid for only one day of work but there is more that goes into it than one would think. If you’re wondering if the investment is worth it, think about this:
Hiring a Wedding Photographer Benefits Revealed
When prospecting potential photographers for your wedding, you will likely set up an appointment for an initial consultation where the photographer will get to know you (and you them) and determine if their style and personality are a good fit for you and your day.
Find out what areas and locations we have our wedding photographers in. We partner with so many wedding photographers around the world. They are well trained and highly skilled with amazing personalities.
What Happens After You Select Your Wedding Photographer?
Once you select your Wedding Photographer, you will likely keep in close touch with them regarding various details of your day up until the wedding day and may even meet again in person before that day. Basically, they often act as an unpaid wedding planner.
The day of the wedding, your photographer will be with you from start to finish-a good 10-12 hours usually.
After the wedding, they will go through and edit the thousands of shots captured on your day and cut them down to the best 500 or so for you to look through.
All of the images will then be edited individually which can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. Finally, they will design your wedding album for you and help with any prints you choose.
You’ll also want to consider the fact that they are professionals so they are working with the best equipment out there which is not cheap. Needless to say, your wedding is not pure profit for them, there is a lot of time, energy and expenses on their end.
Our Top 5 Reasons Why It’s Important to Hire a Professional Wedding Photographer
If you’re still on the fence about whether it is worth it to hire a professional wedding photographer, here are a few more reasons of the importance of hiring a professional wedding Photographer.
- Great photography is more than a fancy camera. Professional photographers spend hundreds of hours training to be a photographer and hundreds more actually taking photos. They know how to get the shot beautifully and then execute the shot with precision. You can have the fanciest, most expensive camera in the world but the person behind the lens is what makes the photo.
- Wedding photographers know the flow of the wedding day. They shoot hundreds of weddings which gives them the ability to know where to look and when. They know when they can sneak a shot of your dad looking at you with a tear in his eye or when the officiant asks the congregation if there are any objections and the crowd breaks into a nervous laughter. This kind of knowledge you can only get from experience.
- They know how to get the best lighting in any room. Period. They are not easily flummoxed by tricky lighting.
- They are experienced at dealing with the emotions of the day. They know how to deal with the best man who may have had a few too many drinks before the ceremony started. They can calm the nervous mother of the bride who goes between nervous stress and happy tears in a matter of seconds. They can control a crowd and get them ready for group photos in a cheerful, easy manner. Again, this knowledge can only come from years of wedding experience figuring out what to say (and not to say!) when emotions inevitably run high.
- Professionals carry back up gear with them. Your friend won’t. This means, if something were to go wrong, there is a plan B. Going along the same line, professionals will always have a back up photographer waiting in the wings just in case they come down with a nasty bug the day before your wedding.
We hope this article brought to light some very valid reasons why hiring a professional wedding photographer is your best bet on your wedding day if you want quality pictures and memories that will last a lifetime.